Villa Loschi Zileri

From Creazzo we can easily reach Monteviale, where we find the eighteenth-century Villa Loschi Zileri in the district Biron, famous for Tiepolo’s wonderful frescoes.
The villa is a sober and harmonious building which appears at the end of a tree-lined road against the background of a romantic park stretching out over the whole hill. The building complex is the result of several building phases and presents an articulated layout. The building was first commissioned to Francesco Muttoni, one of the best representatives of Palladian revival in the early eighteenth century. The first construction phase resulted in the owner’s house, the Tuscan loggia on the right and the long service building on the left. In the nineteenth century, a body of service buildings was added to the left, and a neo-Gothic chapel behind the right loggia. The great staircase and the hall were decorated with frescoes by Gianbattista Tiepolo in 1734 and are among the most important works of this artist.

Reply

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.